Tuesday 1 April 2008

Emitting Pleasure.

When first greeted with the A7 assignment I was really pleased, reading all the tasks we would get to do in the next few weeks; pure design. This is exactly how I thought the majority of the course would be when initially signing up. I'm really starting to come into my element here, I can see the designs flowing through my head, already with strong logo and cd cover ideas. The music it's self is so inspirational, and theres so much to use whether it's just the record label name being 'emit' or plays on the type of music they sell being really electronical. I'm taking influences from sci-fi, website design company's like Shadowness and The Design Republic.

With the first few logo's already done I can really see how they are gonna develop into the final product, I've got visions of expanding light shooting around; galaxies swirling, deep see creatures floating and glowing. I'm also really looking at simplistic ideas, especially when it comes to the CD cover.

5 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

You have come out with some really good designs so far and I can tell you’re enjoying this unit so far. I can’t wait to see the designs progress, especially with the plans and visions you’ve got for them.

Tom Smith said...

Are you going to upload any of the designs at some point so we can have a look?

I think simplicity is often important in CD cover design. Most of the album artwork I've collected so far has been quite simple, with contrast being key to the design. This is something I'm definitely going to bear in mind.

P.S. I think my comment is nearly as long as your post this week ;)

John Browne said...

Yes I too would like to see your ideas. I currently have 50, but some are still needed to be uploaded for viewing. It good that you find your self in a comfortable position in this assignment and enjoying the fact that its all design.

Ive seen some of the things you can do in photoshop with your creative imagination. Cant wait to see your finished logo(s).

John Browne said...

Check the link to Mark Torringtons journal. All i get is a page saying the journal is not found.

Liam Corfield said...

I have to agree with greg, you have come up with some great ideas, and you are very good at sketching and drawing, im looking foorward to seeing how you work will evolve in the next few weeks.