Tuesday 3 February 2009

Last Semester.

The last semester is here and it’s come around quite quick, only yesterday it seems like we were doing team building tasks and dropping eggs from windows. It’s really dawning on me that soon we are going to projected out into the big wide world of discovery to find out how our talents actually rank in the industry amongst professionals and possible employers. Will what we have been taught be enough to secure jobs? Will the experience some people in the class have been gaining throughout the course with side-jobs and projects help towards the final goal of actually working for a professional design company. I’ve thought along the course that many people would not be able to find an industry job, but the people are really starting to show what they are made of. Though before I was really looking at the visual side of it, a lot of members are becoming very good coders and are hungry to learn more of that site; hopefully this will put them forward to where they want to be.

Looking at the last few assignments I’m concentrating on the ones now and leaving the thinking about the final major project some what out of my head. I think my motivation is been something that has consistently come into question with the assignments and hopefully I will be able to show a different side now we’re coming to the close of the course. Never mind proving other members of my class wrong, I think I need to prove to my self that I can actually do great things when I put my mind to it, instead of really resting on my laurels and thinking it will be okay to do this to get through. The Self Managed Learning Plan will be the main way to show this, showing that I can be self motivated with the creation of short term goals and keeping on top of deadlines and to a good quality.

The portfolio assignment is quite interesting, for as long as I can remember I’ve always been messing around with possible portfolios; doing designs and re-doing them 2 days later. In some ways I’m really my own worst critic and find it hard to constantly like the work I produce, forever changing and adding bits to suit my ever evolving outset. Now I know focus is needed to produce something that will not only please me, but the target audience too and the marker. To qualities that they haven’t seen me work before, I’ve always felt this was an assignment I’d really be able to shine in and hopefully this will be the case now we’re finally getting down to doing it. The structuring it to a presentational basis will be a nice mini-challenge also, knowing how it looks on a smart board and making sure all the information will be easy to access and succinct. But I feel I’m up to this task and have a thorough grasp of presentational techniques to compliment the graphical side of the portfolio task.

Word Count [509]

No comments: