Tuesday 3 February 2009

Project Goals.

Validate to XHTML 1.0 Transitional, CSS 2.1, ActionScript 3 standards.

Producing a website that will have valid code will make sure the website is aesthetically consistant throughout cross-platforms and browsers. Also reducing the usablity errors that are already an issue with Flash. Using W3C's online validation service to constantly check and resure that I have valid code.

Creating a portfolio to professional standards.

Making sure that if my portfolio would not look out of place if it was put on a page with other experienced website designers. Meeting the standards set out in my first goal to ensure this will be the case with my final design. A website that lets the work do the talking, rather than trying to be all singing and dancing itself.

Top 3 placement in search enginges.

Because there is already some famous Andrew Whelan's such as the comedy writer, it will be productive for me to get as high as possible so I'm not just lost in the search and relegated to the latter pages. This will require some research into SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) to enable me to put in the right processes to project me to the higher figures.

Flexible and Easily Accessible Website.

I will create a sitemap to make sure no information is more than 2 clicks away from each other, hopefully helping me through the presentation process having all the information on hand to me quickly. The flexibility means that updating it with new work will be a quick and simple job.

No comments: